Foster City has a nice big recreation center building on the lagoon at Leo Ryan Park. See map below. Here you will find access to a wide variety of classes, programs, special events and facilities for all age groups including children, youth, adults and seniors.
View the City’s extensive Activity Guide online or get a free printed copy at the recreation center. You can register online for classes. Most activities are also available to out-of-towners, though sometimes for a higher fee. See below for a quick summary of some of the action!
Camps: Over two dozen different Summer Camps are available for children from 4-14 yrs of age. Each has a different emphasis on anything from sports to cooking, engineering or art. See activity guide (and click camps).
Special Events top
See our Best Events schedule for up-to-date details on the events below and more.
- Clubs: The Lions Club, Rotary Club, Historical Society, and Mother’s Club regularly meet at the Recreation Center or nearby.
- Sports Leagues: Adult Softball (650) 522-7433, Bocce Ball (650)378-2769, Open Gym Basketball (650)286-3386.
- Recreation Center 650 Shell Blvd, (650) 286-3380. Besides a nice building and park equipment this center provides unique facilities such as bocce ball courts, skate board park, and paddleboard rentals. website, facebook page, activity guide.
- The Vibe Teen Center 670 Shell Blvd, (650) 286-3254. Located adjacent the Recreation Center.
- Senior Wing 650 Shell Blvd, (650) 286-2585. Activities for Seniors are located here inside the Recreation Center.
- Community Center 1000 E Hillsdale Blvd, (650) 286-2500 These are rooms located above the library.
- Library 1000 E Hillsdale Blvd, (650) 574-4842. A nice big library. website
- City Parks – 21 parks in all. website
- Facility Rentals: A variety of rooms, picnic sites and event locations are available for rent. Call (650) 286-3382.
Youth & Teens (5-17 years)
The Vibe is the City’s Teen Center located adjacent the Recreation Center. It provides a supervised place for teens (6th-12th grade) to hang out with friends and enjoy different games (e.g., ping pong, xbox 360, etc) and events (e.g., dances, sports competitions, etc.). There is even a skateboard park.
There are many activities for seniors at the Senior Wing 650 Shell Blvd, (650) 286-2585. These include Thursday movie matinees, trips, games, and classes.
650 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA
Phone: (650) 286-3380