Fourth of July
Celebration & Festival 2018
This 4th of July festival is fairly laid back until the big fireworks display starts at 9:30 pm sharp. Below are some of the ways to entertain yourself earlier in the day. FYI, crowds start coming in at 1 pm or possibly earlier to lay out their blankets in preparation for the 9:30 pm fireworks. Be forewarned! It gets very crowded later in the day and parking becomes a real problem.
- pancake breakfast (9 am – 11 am, Leo Ryan Park)
- food & arts vendors (10 am – 5 pm, Leo Ryan Park)
- family and dog parade (11:05 am from the VIBE Teen Center to the Amphitheater)
- lions club bbq (11:30 am – 9:00 pm, Leo Ryan Park)
- live music (12 pm-12:45 pm, 4:15 pm-5:45 pm and 7:15 pm-9:15 pm at the amphitheater)
- fireworks display (9:30 pm-9:45 pm, over the lagoon at Leo Ryan Park)
For more details see this Foster City webpage. Admission is FREE. There is a $10 fee for parking (which goes to pay for the event) at the Parkside Towers Parking Garage located on the north corner of E. Hillsdale Blvd/Shell Blvd and (sometimes) the Century Plaza Building at the southeast corner of E. Hillsdale Blvd/Foster City Blvd.